Please contact us if you are interested in this product.
HIGHWIRE Ethernet over coax converter (2 required per link)
High-Speed Ethernet Over Coax Video Cable
HIGHWIRE turns any analogue video cable into a high-speed network connection. This allows the replacement of analogue cameras with IP cameras without installation of any new cabling, which can save some 30-40% of the system cost.
Universal connections for coax, network and power, with no user set-up required, make installation easy and fast.
HIGHWIRE can provide a full-duplex 100BASE-T network connection, with no bandwidth restrictions, over up to 500 metres (1650 feet) of RG-11 cable, or 280 metres (930 feet) of CCTV-grade RG-59 cable.
Simply connect a single HIGHWIRE to each end of the coaxial cable, and the link will be established automatically with no configuration required.
Transparent to the network
The HIGHWIRE connection is invisible to Ethernet data and requires no MAC or IP address; to the camera the link looks like any other network cable.
Speed, duplex and crossover are sensed on connection; no setting up is necessary.
Universal power input
HIGHWIRE can be powered by legacy 12 Volt DC or 24 Volt AC supplies. Connection is via a detachable screw terminal and the type and polarity of the supply are detected automatically.
An optional power supply is available for installations with no legacy power.
With absolutely no setting-up or configuration required, installation is simple, and HIGHWIREs compact dimensions allow it to be mounted inside a camera housing.
Optional wall-mounting brackets and a rack-mounting kit are available to suit the needs of each installation.
Key technical features
- Auto-optimizing for all 75 Ohm coaxial cable:
- 280m (920ft) full-rate over video-grade RG-59 (Up to 350m depending on cable quality)
- 350m (1150ft) full-rate over RG-6
- 500m (1640ft) full-rate over RG-11
- Auto-configuring for speed (10BASE-T or 100BASE-T) and duplex
- Use with Cat 5, Cat 5e or Cat 6 patch or crossover cables
- Auto type and polarity detection with detachable screw terminal connector
- 10-40V DC (max current 140mA at 12V)
- 20-28V AC (max current 70mA at 24V)
- 84 x 54 x 24mm (3.3 x 2.1 x 0.95in) / 102mm (4in) including connector
- 70g (2.5oz)